2017 Wisconsin Agronomy Update Meetings
MADISON — The Department of Agronomy will offer Crop Production and Management Meetings at eight locations during 2017. Joe Lauer, Dan Undersander and Shawn Conley will present the latest information on hybrid/variety performance, an analysis and discussion of last year’s growing season, and updated recommendations for field crop production.
The registration fee includes a meal and materials. Please pre-register with the Host Agent. A “walk-in” (Late) fee will be charged to those who have not preregistered. Additional information packets will be available for $18.00 each. Certified Crop Advisor CEU credits have been requested (3.0 hours in Crop Management). Click here for a list of topics, meeting sites, dates and times.
- 2016 Wisconsin Hybrid Corn Performance Trials – Grain and Silage (A3653)
- 2016 Wisconsin Soybean Variety Test Results (A3654)
- 2016 Perennial Forage Variety Update for Wisconsin (A1525)
- Winter wheat varieties for grain in Wisconsin – 2016 (A3868)
- Oat and Barley Variety Performance (A3874)
- Extension publications
- Agronomy Advice articles
- Wisconsin Crop Improvement Association updates
- Forage quality in 2016
- Flood damage to fields
- Quality losses during harvesting
- Why was 2016 so productive for corn?
- Corn seed treatment performance
- What is the best maturity to grow on your farm?
Soybeans and Small Grains
- Characterizing the Soybean Yield Gap in WI and Across the US Soybean Belt
- Soybean Yield Response to ILeVO and Reduced Seeding Rates