2019 Food Safety Training Class Scheduled
Wisconsin has successfully stayed proactive since 2013 on food safety-related classes and audits. It’s truly a tribute to everyone in the industry for taking advantage of classes offered through WPVGA to stay in tune with most recent changes and up-to-speed on customer food safety requirements. Thank you for going above and beyond!
2019 officially marks the 7th year of offering food safety training classes. One class that has undergone updates since WPVGA last offered it is the Harmonized Standard, now referred to as Harmonized GAP Plus+. The Harmonized GAP Plus+ audit is recognized as being “Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) technically equivalent,” according to the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service.
More information can be found at the following links:
- Link to GFSI press release regarding Harmonized GAP Plus+: https://www.mygfsi.com/news-resources/latest-news/1437-gfsi-announces-usda-ams-gap-plus-certification-programme-achieves-technical-equivalence.html
- Link to USDA – AMS information sheet discussing Harmonized GAP Plus+: https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/FAQsGFSIHGAPPlusService081518FINAL.pdf
Please see the following information if you are interested in registering for Harmonized GAP Plus.
- Harmonized GAP Plus+:
- Date: March 8th (1-day course)
- Time: 9am-4pm
- Cost per person: Free – all costs will be covered by WPVGA
- Location: Holiday Inn, Stevens Point (1001 Amber Ave.)
- Training on Harmonized GAP Plus+ is not required. Training is offered solely to aid in a higher understanding of audit requirements, which could result in acquiring a higher score on the audit itself.
The above details are also included in the 2019 Food Safety Registration form found here. You may also contact Dana Rady at 715-623-7683 or [email protected] direct to register or with any questions.