McCain Foods Seeks Manager Agriculture Regulatory Compliance & Government Policy
*** Please Note: This position can be located in the U.S. (Oak Brook, IL) or Canada (Florenceville-Bristol, NB or Toronto, ON) ***
As a part of the NA Agriculture organization, this position plays a pivotal role ensuring raw agricultural commodities delivered to our NA factories comply with United States and Canadian regulatory requirements for pesticide usage, while also meeting trade requirements in key export markets.
The position develops and leads our goal of on-farm pesticide use reduction through analytics, Grower facing extension practices and by actively engaging and collaborating with the agronomy and commercial agriculture teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own Grower pesticide data management; administering the Grower Management System (GMS) pesticide use databases, and working lock step with field representatives across NA to review Grower pesticide application submissions for regulatory compliance
- Maintain the raw agricultural commodity residue testing program and corporate reporting in compliance to the McCain Global Residue Testing Policy
- Manage the McCain “Approved Pesticide List” for Grower use selection by evaluating active ingredients (AI) against key export markets’ maximum residue limits (MRL)
- Lead robust calculation of Grower pesticide application data for usage patterns, trends, and comparative analysis; review application submissions for regulatory compliance
- Drive knowledge transfer for pesticide risk reduction through use of the Environmental Impact Quotient (EIQ); leverage the evaluation tool to reduce AI load on a per acre basis through individualized Grower reports, and regional statistics, design and deliver training for Agronomists on applying the tool, and administer EIQ tool for Corporate reduction targets and reporting
- Assume a lead role during future rollout and adoption of new digital technologies
- Report on supplier and company adherence to agricultural assurance programs and performance to environmental sustainability indicators to satisfy customer and internal requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from customers related to on-farm food safety sustainability. Educate field department staff, agronomists and internal McCain staff on current issues related to agricultural corporate social responsibility. Participate in company’s Quality Assurance Response Teams
- Support company activities to influence government policy for new AI registration and re-registration of existing chemistries
- Develop strong working relationships with key Industry Partners, Regulatory Agencies and the Chemical Registrants
- BS degree required/Master’s degree preferred in Agronomy, Plant Science or equivalent technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in agronomy, technical sales, or a technical role within the agricultural industry.
- Pesticide product knowledge and usage recommendation preferred
- Strong skill-set in computer technologies such as data processing and presentation tools
- Capable statistical analysis training and experience
- Self-motivated with proven interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to travel approximately 20% as required
United States of America
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran