Potato Expo Breakout Sessions Target Latest Issues Affecting Potato Production, Consumption
Industry leaders and subject experts will lead 20 educational sessions focusing on the latest issues and trends in the marketplace during the Potato Expo Breakout Sessions. The sessions take place from 2:30-5:00pm on Thursday, January 5. After last year’s successful turnout, there will again be a technology-focused session. Visit potato-expo.com/schedule/detailed for the speaker lineup and to register.
Breakout A: A Focus on the Chip Market
- Varieties of Interest and How to Find Them
- Emerging Chipping Potato Traits and Their Potential Benefits
- Variety Development Impacts on Late Storage Supplies
- Oh SNAP!: Debate Around Choice in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
Breakout B: A Focus on the Fresh Market
- The Foodservice Sector and Potatoes
- Online Grocery Shopping and Delivery Services: Friend or Foe?
- The Changing Retail Landscape and the Impact on Fresh Potato Sales
- Impact of Diseases and New Varieties on Storage and Shipping of Fresh Potatoes
Breakout C: A Focus on the Process Market
- Building the Scientific Case for the Nutritious Potato
- How the Potato Industry is Addressing International MRLs
- How Are Retailers Responding to Consumers Question on Sustainability?
- What Does Brexit Mean for Potatoes?
Breakout D: A Focus on the Seed Market
- Minituber Economics
- Management of Bacterial Soft Rot and Blackleg Pathogens Dickeya and Pectobacterium
- Following in the Footsteps of Corn Breeders – Potato as an Inbred Line-based Crop
- Cultivar Resistance to TRV and PMTU
Breakout E: A Focus on Technology
- Weather Trends and Risk in U.S. Potato Production
- Harnessing Technology to Manage Water Application
- Remote Sensing Applications for Potato Production
- New Potato Technologies – What’s Next?