United Fresh Food Safety Community Update
- Confused on FSMA compliance dates? FDA recently published a graphic that lays out FSMA compliance dates.
- Want to submit a comment in response to FDA on the proposed 2-year delay in the ag water testing provision, but not sure how, or what to say? See the last 2 attachments below: one has the link and instructions on how to comment; the other is a short and sweet template that can use to craft a comment, if you wish.
- FDA has finalized their sampling assignment for fresh herbs (cilantro, basil and parsley) and “processed avocado” and guacamole. See the 2 attachments. General info on micro sampling and previous assignments can be found here.
- FDA and CDC recently published a report on produce-associated outbreaks looking for patterns of illness distribution based on whether produce was grown in the US or imported. I expect that when there is an outbreak of unknown origin in the future, they will look at where illnesses are occurring, and focus inspection & sampling at certain ports of entry based on the patterns described in this article.
- The FAO, in collaboration with IICA, recently published a food traceability guidance document targeted toward the Caribbean. It provides 140 pp of straightforward, basic information that would be good for someone with little understanding of or exposure to traceability.
- Finally if you didn’t get a spot in the Listeria workshop in Yuma, consider attending the next round in Miami FL, Jan 31-Feb 1, done in partnership with PMA and our regional partner FFVA.