Wisconsin Farm Technology Days July 23 – 25
There are many reasons to attend this year’s Wisconsin Farm Technology Days (FTD) hosted by Walter Grain Farms of Jefferson County, but here are 10 NEW reasons!
- Ag Career Day – On Tuesday, July 23 students grade 7-12 are eligible to participate in an interactive career scavenger hunt, powered by Allflex Livestock Intelligence. Each student will be wearing a lanyard that holds a cow RFID tag. Students will then be given a clue sheet leading them through 12 stops in tent city where they will need to scan their RFID tag with an Allflex wand. To participate in Ag Career Day, students must register online or with their FFA or SkillsUSA Chapter. The trips are FFA Chapter sponsored events and participants will be provided free transportation, a free Ag Career Day t-shirt and free admission to the show. Students will need to bring cash to purchase food and beverages. For more information, contact Peter Curran at 608.658.4452 or [email protected].
- Extended Show Hours – On Wednesday, July 24th the show will be open until 7:00pm with reduced admission of $5 after 3:00pm.
- Taste of Jefferson County BLOCK PARTY – To give attendees a taste of popular local food and beverages, we will have a sampling event from some of Wisconsin’s favorites beer, wine, cheese and more beginning at 3:00pm in Innovation Square. Tickets can be purchased onsite or online click here.
- Charlie Berens – Comedian and creator of the famous online series, “The Manitowoc Minute” will join us on Wednesday afternoon for the Taste of Jefferson County BLOCK Party to help roast and toast all things Wisconsin to help celebrate Agriculture as the 88 billion dollar industry that it is!
- Cream Puffs – There will be four different flavors of the Pine Cone’s cream puffs available including original, raspberry, maple and Bavarian cream.
- Food Drive – The Jefferson County FTD Foods Committee is working in conjunction with the Food Pantries of Jefferson County to collect non-perishable food items at each admission gate during the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days show. Each person is asked to donate at least one item. In return for your donation, guests will receive a voucher that can be redeemed at a beverage tent for items including cookies, coupons or other promotional items.
- Drain Tiling Demonstrations – Timewell Drainage Products are pleased to announce tile drainage installation demonstrations in partnership with host farmer and drainage contractor Walter Grain Farms in Jefferson County. Tiling demonstrations will be a new feature at 2019 WFTD where growers can see first-hand modern drainage system installation and Edge of Field practices. Tiling demonstrations will take place from 10:00am to noon and 1:00 to 3:00pm each day of the event, weather permitting.
- Heritage Tractors – From today to yesterday, this year’s Heritage Tractor Area will be staffed by members and supporters of the Ixonia Vintage Tractor Expo Club. We are featuring tractors from 1954 to celebrate the first year that Wisconsin Farm Progress Days was held and from 1984, which is the year the Walters first held the show on their farm. A plowing demonstration will be held each morning of the show at 10:00am.
- Thank a Farmer Day – On Wednesday, July 24, we will celebrate the work of the farmer by emphasizing the Culver’s “Thank a Farmer” Booth. Attendees will have the chance to write thank you cards to local farmers and show their appreciation for the work farmers do for us each day.
- Mascot Day – On Thursday, July 25 we will have a fun-filled day by sponsoring a mascot day. Come out and celebrate local businesses in Jefferson County by snapping a photo with local mascots and see a surprise from some celebrity mascots.