WPVGA Taking Nominations for Wisconsin Representative on Potatoes USA
Nominations are now open for a Wisconsin representative on Potatoes USA. Nominees must be potato growers within Wisconsin who are in good standing.
Board Member Guidelines are as follows:
It serves the good of both potato production regions and Potatoes USA by recruiting Board Members who will take an active interest in participating on the Board. A Board Member should communicate the interests of his/her area to the Board and carry the message of the Board back to his/her growing community.
A nominee for Potatoes USA should be willing to:
- Attend the Board’s Annual meeting held in March each year of the three-year term, 2017-2020.
- Be active in the potato-growing community.
- Be visible in community work, participate in local government, cultural or business affairs—someone who is a leader.
- Be willing to represent and communicate with his/her constituents on a regular basis.
- Take the time to actively support Potatoes USA programs in his/her area.
- Speak to grower groups, newspaper reporters and interested parties about Potatoes USA programs, relating the value of the Board to all growers, how the 3-cent per hundredweight assessment is invested and ask for input from those interested in becoming active in the promotion of potatoes.
To follow is the list of current Wisconsin Potatoes USA Representatives.
- Mark Finnessy, Okray Family Farms (Re-elected for 2nd term)
- Eric Schroeder, Schroeder Bros. Farms (Re-elected for 2nd term)
- Keith Wolter, Hyland Lakes Spuds (Elected to 1st term)
- Erin Baginski, Baginski Farms (Elected to 1st term)
- Heidi Randall, Alsum Farms (Incumbent; running for 2018-2021 term)
Potatoes USA Board representatives are able to serve two consecutive 3-year terms. In this election period, Heidi Randall of Alsum Farms and Produce is up for re-election for her 2nd 3-year term. Both Mark Finnessy and Eric Schroeder have each just begun their 2nd 3-year term. Keith Wolter and Erin Baginski have each just begun their 1st 3-year term.
If you or someone you know is interested in being placed on the current ballot, please email Dana Rady ([email protected]) with the names of those you wish to nominate by Friday, June 23, 2017. Ballots will be sent in late June with the process complete by August 15th. To see the press release from Potatoes USA, click here.