Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association

Staying Compliant with Department of Labor Laws

This month’s update features guidance for Farm Labor Contractors (FLCs) and their registration requirement under The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act. Because the agency continues to encounter unregistered FLCs, the link below can help facilitate the registration process for any FLCs you might encounter who may need to register. Hopefully this link will come in handy for all of you!

In order to legally operate as farm labor contractors, individuals and companies must register with the U.S. Department of Labor. There are special registration requirements for farm labor contractors that intend to house, transport, or drive a migrant or seasonal agricultural worker. Application materials and instructions can be found here:

Application Materials & Instructions

Tater Talk Past Issues

Volume 16, Issue 8 | February 23, 2024

Tater Talk Archives

Tater Talk Subscription
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.