WPVGA Taking Nominations for Wisconsin Representatives on Potatoes USA
Nominations are now open for Wisconsin’s representatives on Potatoes USA (formerly known as the United States Potato Board). Nominees must be potato growers within Wisconsin who are in good standing.
Board Member Guidelines are as follows:
It serves the good of both potato production regions and Potatoes USA by recruiting Board Members who will take an active interest in participating on the Board. A Board Member should communicate the interests of his/her area to the Board and carry the message of the Board back to his/her growing community.
A nominee for Potatoes USA should be willing to:
- Attend the Board’s Annual meeting held in March each year of the three-year term, 2017-2020.
- Be active in the potato-growing community.
- Be visible in community work, participate in local government, cultural or business affairs—someone who is a leader.
- Be willing to represent and communicate with his/her constituents on a regular basis.
- Take the time to actively support Potatoes USA programs in his/her area.
- Speak to grower groups, newspaper reporters and interested parties about Potatoes USA programs, relating the value of the Board to all growers, how the 3-cent per hundredweight assessment is invested and ask for input from those interested in becoming active in the promotion of potatoes.
To follow is the list of current Wisconsin Potatoes USA Representatives. Those
- Mark Finnessy, Okray Family Farms (Incumbent)
- Eric Schroeder, Schroeder Bros. Farms (Incumbent)
- Rick Kantner, Katz Produce (2nd Term Complete)
- Adam Bula, Bula Potato Farms, Inc. (Not running for a second term)
- Heidi Randall, Alsum Farms (1st term not yet complete)
Potatoes USA Board representatives are able to serve two consecutive 3-year terms. In this election period, Wisconsin is looking for 2 nominees. Both Mark Finnessy and Eric Schroeder have completed their first 3-term and are running for a second. Rick Kanter’s second term is complete and Adam Bula is not running for a second term. Heidi Randall’s first term will be complete in 2017.
Please email Dana Rady ([email protected]) with the names of those you wish to nominate by Friday, June 24, 2016, for them to appear on the ballot. Ballots will be sent in early July with the process complete by July 29th.